Monday 22 September 2014

Tarot Tip Tuesdays - Busting Some Tarot Myths



Myth #1:
You need to be a psychic clairvoyant to be a good Tarot reader.

Reality:
Wrong.  There are so many great Tarot readers who are not clairvoyants.  You just need to have a heart of compassion and be attuned to your intuition.  Anyone can learn to read the cards.  The knowledge is opened to those who are curious, who love to explore and learn new things all the time, who are not afraid to  take on life’s adventures along with the Fool on his journey and who embrace the compassionate quest of using the cards to help and guide others.

Myth #2 :
Tarot cards are evil things that come in between you and God’s will.  By reading Tarot for others, you would be influencing the querant’s actions and hinder what has been pre-destined.

Reality:
Wrong.   You are the master of your own destiny.  The cards can only be a guide to help you make the right choices for the highest good.  Where free will comes in, is when the querant has that free will to make that choice he or she deems will influence the right outcome  That is why I am adamant about doing a Tarot reading in a positive way, that is advice-centric and clear on purpose.    A tarot reader should not tell a querant what to do, what choices to make, or which direction to take.  Life is full of options and a Tarot reader’s role is to use the cards to provide options, like a friend, offering a friendly advice to help the querant along his or her journey.

Myth #3:
Tarot readers need to be wearing long flowing skirts, dressed like gypsies and have a zen-like composure

Reality:
Wrong.  A tarot-reader should be true to him or herself.  It does not matter what you wear and how you look.  You don’t have to keep a zen-like composure all the time.  Just be yourself and you might earn better trust from your clients by being REAL. I am loud,  very direct  and will not mince my words. I am also a boxer who just happens to be a Tarot reader.  It does not make me a bad Tarot reader.  It just makes me different.  I don’t have a crystal ball, a headscarf and all the trappings of a “fortune-teller” at the fair ground.  But I am comfortable in my boxing gear of shorts and T-shirt and still read Tarot with plenty of compassion.  So far, I haven’t had any complaints.

Myth #4:
Reading Tarot is un-Christian and defies God’s will.

Reality:
Wrong.  Doing and saying things which serves only  yourself at the expense of the highest good, is un-Christian and defies God’s will.  A clear purpose of using your intuitive gifts and talent to help others, is not.

Myth # 5:
Because Tarot readers violate God’s will by influencing the actions of their querants, most Tarot readers die young, lead unbalanced lives and meet with tragic circumstances.

Reality:
Wrong.  Along with many of my Tarot reading friends in the international community, I am blessed with so much abundance and a zest for life.  If I die young, and I am not young, by the way, that’s okay, because I have lived my life to the fullest, loving every day, and being loved every day.  So this is DEFINITELY a myth and laughable at that.

About The Writer:

The writer of this blog post is a marketeer by trade, and an intuitive reader by accident who deploys the combined modalities of a Tarot, Numerology and Astrology overlaid with her Clairvoyant and Clairsentient skills to deliver her readings with authenticity. She was awarded a Certified Professional Tarot Reader qualification from the Tarot Certification Board of America (TCBA) and is also a certified numerologist.  She is currently running a consultancy based in Singapore called Sun Goddess Tarot,  which provides confidential intuitive readings combining the metaphysical disciplines of Tarot, Numerology and Astrology via face to face and emails as well as readings at corporate and private events and workshops.  A member of the American Tarot Association (ATA) and the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI), she also mentors Tarot protégés.

Website: www.sungoddesstarot.com
Email:  Joanna@sungoddesstarot.com
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/SunGoddessTarot
Twitter: www.twitter.com/SunGoddessTarot


Photo credit: Vivien Tan, www.grumpymonkee.com
Tarot deck:  Kat Black's Golden Tarot
Bespoke embroidered Tarot bag: Lovingly made by Ania M.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, great post, Jo!! I especially love #1. #3 is one I think about a lot when I'm out and about… "who here reads Tarot, I wonder…." :) I am sure most of the people I come across would never peg me for a reader precisely because I don't dress in flowing skirts and chatter on about "vibes." And so I often wonder the same about the people I interact with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Thanks Olivia...it was quite exhilarating to get these off my chest:)
      xxjo

      Delete