Thursday 9 August 2012

A Light-hearted Take On Numerology

I got myself certified for numerology just last week. It was an intensive course but I had learnt so much from decoding birth dates and names. What was even more satisfying was that when I combined numerology with my tarot cards, the readings became even more robust and I was not sure who was more pleasantly surprised by the depth of the reading, my clients or myself. What was hilarious, was how I practiced my numerology skills on friends whenever we met up for dinner and drinks. My neat party trick came in handy to entertain them!

So here's what I gleaned about myself from my own numbers:

My natural talent is to lead, innovate and take action. My team at work however have a phrase to describe this. They call it "Monster boss in action". As my birthday is a number 1, the energy of the number suggests that I have a lot of self confidence and will power ( I wonder where that went, when one puts an ice cream in front of me on days I need to go on a diet). The 1 also suggests that I am bad at details and would be better off thinking big picture, painting things with a broad paint brush. That's completely correct. I am impatient with tiny details. The 1 energy also suggests that I am rather sensitive but will repress my feelings. My shrink calls it the "volcano" syndrome where I harbor it and let it fester for awhile before threatening to explode it into a seismic scale not unlike Pompeii. Oh and did I tell you that I was egotistical and aggressive too? My husband is preparing a "stay clear" sign to be pasted on the back of my tee shirt as I write this.

My life path number 7 makes me a person who will tread the spiritual path. That explains my passion for tarot and numerology. I tend to throw myself into a life of perpetual learning and seeking knowledge, investigating theories and challenging ideas. The number 7 sees me governing my life path with focused determination to achieve the goals I had set my mind to achieve. And often, I enjoy my solitude, relishing time for quiet meditation. Oh and did I tell you that my life path 7 makes me an intolerable perfectionist? My husband is now sticking that "stay clear" sign at the back of my tee shirt as I write this.

My heart's desire is a number 5. This means that my soul evolves by communicating and traveling, constantly managing my restless mind with new knowledge, turning everything I do into one big adventure. I need to have a partner that constantly stimulates me intellectually ( yes, am making my husband read this repeatedly), and I need to be in a job that isn't mundane. I can attest that my job isn't one that draws me into a daily routine, apart from lunch times when we spend a good hour daily figuring out where the team and I should be having our "happy and de-stressing lunch".

My personality mask is a number 3, displaying my creative and artistic side with a tendency to be highly sociable, fun and a great communicator. Oh, totally agree with that particular during my university days when I made up excuses on not handing up my tutorials or not showing up for lectures.

My destiny number 8 eventually makes me aspire to be a person of authority, or in an executive position in a company or possibly running my own business. It promises me a life of a workaholic, managing my business with tenacity, grounded in lots of planning and complete control. That explains my marriage to my blackberry, a love-affair that constantly bugs my husband because my fingers are glued to it 24 hours a day. One of the ladies that I am currently mentoring for tarot asked me the other day, " do you ever sleep?"

You see? Numerology is so much fun. And my life path 7 is warranting my taking my studies on numerology even further with a more advanced course coming up soon.

With Sun Goddess Tarot, I feel obligated to my clients to provide even more in-depth and robust readings combining tarot with numerology. I want to continuously pursue more knowledge that can help provide them with even more clarity and assurance.

About the writer:

The writer of this blog post is a marketeer by trade, and a tarot card reader by accident. She was awarded a Certified Professional Tarot Reader qualification from the Tarot Certification Board of America (TCBA) and was recently certified as a numerologist in Singapore. A member of the American Tarot Association (ATA) and the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI), she is also endorsed as a reader for the Free Tarot Network and is a mentor for the ATA.

She can be contacted at www.facebook.com/SunGoddessTarot or www.sungoddesstarot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment