Wednesday 12 December 2012

30 Day Tarot Challenge - Day 14: For What Purpose Do You Usually Use The Tarot?

30 Day Tarot Challenge - Day 14:  For What Purpose Do You Use The Tarot?

I always believe that Tarot is not a “fortune-telling” tool but a tool to help one uncover choices with which he or she can make to influence a positive outcome. For me, if a Tarot reading can open my client’s heart and mind to these choices, it would have fulfilled its purpose.
When I first picked up Tarot reading as a skill, I used it to clarify my thoughts, and provide me assurance that the decisions I make day to day are aligned with the universe’s plans.  Then as I grew in proficiency as a Tarot reader, it served the same purpose for my clients. 
Another thing I like to use Tarot for is to help me manage interpersonal relationships in the office.  This is particularly powerful when I overlay the cards with numerology.  First and foremost, I need to qualify here that I will never read the cards about someone who hasn’t given me permission to do so. So when I do a reading at the office, it’s always because someone has asked me to. Sometimes, I may do a casual open reading amongst a few colleagues that are very close to me.  Because it’s an open reading, we get nuances of each other’s desires, goals, dislikes, cause of discomfort and that helps with managing each other’s space and personalities. 
Finally, Tarot has increasingly become a form of entertainment at events for me.  I get hired quite a lot for birthday parties, bachelorette parties and corporate events from as small as a group of 6 right through to a group of more than 100.  These events take a lot out of me because of the massive amount of readings that I have to do within a very short time, and it leaves me little time in between to “offload” the energy and ground myself through meditation.  However, what gratifies me is that at such events, the queue at my little Tarot reading space is often very long, complete with guests whose eyes are gleaming with excitement while waiting for a reading.  Even more gratifying for me is that these guests usually call me after for an in-depth reading after the event.
About The Writer:
The writer of this blog post is a marketeer by trade, and a tarot card reader by accident. She was awarded a Certified Professional Tarot Reader qualification from the Tarot Certification Board of America (TCBA) and was recently certified as a numerologist in Singapore. A member of the American Tarot Association (ATA) and the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI), she is also endorsed as a reader for the Free Tarot Network and is a mentor for the ATA.   She can be contacted at www.facebook.com/SunGoddessTarot or www.sungoddesstarot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment