Friday 8 February 2013

Creating Abundance This Chinese New Year

Welcoming The Lunar New Year Of The Snake

This Chinese New Year, we welcome Spring and celebrate the Lunar New Year of the Snake.  I thought it was quite apt as it reminded me of the stories friends told me about how snakes, a symbol of fertility, would appear out of their hidey holes to test the weather, some time after Imbolc, which celebrated the midway between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox.

Chinese New Year is the most important event in the Chinese festive calendar as the food cooked for the all-important reunion dinner, the cookies and cakes hand-baked for visiting family and friends, the home decorations, and indeed right down to the cultural gestures of giving mandarin oranges and  red packets filled with money to children and the oldest, nearest and dearest, were all geared at ushering in abundance and prosperity. 

Every symbol and gesture during Chinese New Year is not only about hopes for good health, great wealth, career growth, and better business opportunities, it is also about upholding the Asian values of familial piety and respect.

For more information about the significance of Chinese New Year, please do read my other blog post at http://thecrazyangmoandhisangrywife.blogspot.com/2013/02/chinese-new-year-is-family-thing.html

The Abundance Tarot Spread

As our traditional customs at Chinese New Year is geared to ushering abundance and prosperity in our lives, I had decided to create a Tarot spread in the hope of getting advice about how I could create abundance around myself.  For this purpose, I used the Tarot of the Pagan Cats deck.

The Significator - The Empress

Central to this spread is my significator, the Empress, chosen to represent abundance.  Within the card, the image of the Mother cat wearing a golden crown lying luxuriously on a red cushion, reflected an archetypal Earth Mother surrounded by lush greenery, little kittens and flowers in full bloom, all symbols of fertility, prosperity and abundance.

I loved the Empress card and it is always a reminder to me to appreciate the love and abundance around me by nurturing my familial relationships with care and support and inject postive energy into everything I do.

Khalil Gibran said," You pray in your distress and in your need; would that you might also pray in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance."

Creating Abundance In My Career - The Fool

The Fool is a card promising of unlimited potential.  It encouraged me to take on my career with an entrepreneurial spirit, inject it with an overflowing stream of creative ideas as well as a boldness and courage to try new things, and treat each project presented to me as a new learning curve.   The Fool is unconventional, passionate and enthusiatic.  Most importantly, he doesn't cripple himself with unnecessary worries and anxieties but would trust in the universe to guide him on his journey towards his goals. 

I will need to harness the energy of the Fool, remembering always that sometimes, it is not all about that goal.  Rather it is all about the efforts that I put into every step I take to achieving that goal.

Harry Callahan said," Experience is the best teacher of all.  And for that, there are no guarantees that one will become an artist.  Only the journey matters."

Creating Abundance In My Finances - Four Of Pentacles

The Four of Pentacles reminded me to not be too attached to material gains.  With financial security as one of my goals, I had to plan to slowly and steadily build long-term savings.  I was advised by the card to continue to be prudent in my expenditure.

In my younger days, I spent years indulging in irrational spending on branded handbags, shopping trips in New York and London, expensive dinners at posh restaurants.  When I grew up and had to take on life as a single mother right after my divorce, build a stable career at the same time,  financially provide for my elderly parents and grandmother too, I realized this irrational spending and moments of instant gratifications had to stop.  I have been paying the price for the years of irrational spending since.  Today, I am slowly but surely trying to grow my savings.  In fact, after a life wrought with difficulties, I grew up to dislike the trappings of a lifestyle of luxury.  My main goal is be happy and be financially secure enough, just enough, to provide for the family, pay the bills and maybe have a little extra to buy more Tarot decks (LOL!)

Suze Orman said, "A big part of financial freedom is having your heart and mind free from worry about the what-ifs of life."

Creating Abundance In My Family - Six Of Cups
The Six of Cups is a card of past happy memories, nostalgia and childhood. The card must have appeared because Chinese New Year is a time that I try to connect with the happy memories of the past as a child.  Mum and Dad used to dress me in the prettiest frock, tied my hair with the cutest bows and take me out for home visits.  I loved collecting the red packets filled with money because it meant I could have more money for candy, ice cream and chocolates.  It also meant I could save up to add bits and bops to my doll's house.

The Six of Cups reminded me to create abundance within my family leveraging my happy memories.  I had to create opportunities for Joel to share the same when he grows older in the future.  As a family, I thought we had been leading our individual lives way too much.  Joel is now at the age where he spends more time at his school than at home.  Having a girlfriend didn't help hence my possessiveness of his time with me.  David is always busy with work, meeting clients and practising with his band mates.  I am the worst culprit when it comes "doing my own thing".  I juggle my time between my work projects, nurturing my team, studying for my various courses, mentoring my Tarot proteges, and doing Tarot readings for clients and at events.

So the Six of Cups advised that I should bring back the happy memories of my childhood and bring these happy moments into my own family now by creating opportunities to have more quality time with David and Joel.   Mum used to prepare a picnic basket full of food and took me out to the beach for a swim and a fun picnic.  I should be doing that more.

Charlotte Davis Kasl said, "Happy memories become treasures in the heart to pull out on the tough days of adulthood."

Creating Abundance In Myself - Three Of Pentacles
The Three of Pentacles is a card that signifies the manifestation of a goal through hardwork, cooperation and inspiration.  The card encouraged me to continue to work hard towards achieving my dreams, always fanning the fire of enthusiasm without the fear of failing.  In due time, prosperity and success will naturally come to me. 

As this card assumes that success can come quicker with teamwork and collaboration, it advised me to leveraged the skills, experience and knowledge of the people around me to guide me to my success.  As a Tarot reader that treads a neverending road of learning, my mentors, my proteges and my friends within the Tarot community worldwide are key to holding my hands along my journey with Tarot.  I see this spiritual journey as a combination of individual efforts  from amongst us, Tarot readers and fellow light workers in our respective spiritual paths, walking towards a common goal of bringing clarity and assurance to the people that matter.

I am well-stoked with this card because I also foresee a future of opportunities, working with my Tarot reading and Numerologist friends here in Singapore, creating unique individual and corporate coaching sessions and workshops using Tarot and Numerology.

I am assured myself, that I will never walk alone.

Henry Ford said, "Coming together is a beginning.  Keeping together is progress.  Working together is success."

Abundance 

Finally, before I end this blog post to go stuff myself with Chinese New Year goodies, I'd like to bring you back to the true meaning of abundance.  We will indeed be surrounded by abundance, only when we are ready to recieve it with an open and a grateful heart.  Never forget that gratitude is the mother of abundance and that life is a cornucopia of gifts waiting to be recieved.

Joel Osteen said, "When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance."

About The Writer Of This Blog:

The writer of this blog post is a marketeer by trade and a Tarot card reader by accident.  She was awarded a Certified Professional Tarot Reader qualification from the Tarot Certification Board of America (TCBA) and a Tarosophy Tarot Diploma from Tarot Professionals Ltd.  She is also a certified numerologist, hence her reading style blends numerological significance with Tarot card interpretations. 

A member of the American Tarot Association (ATA) and the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI), she is also a reader for the Free Tarot Network (FTN) and is a mentor for both the ATA and the FTN.

She can be contacted at www.facebook.com/SunGoddessTarot or www.sungoddesstarot.com












No comments:

Post a Comment