Saturday 25 August 2012

Working Together May Be In The Cards

Last week, a friend hired David and I to help out at his company's first year anniversary party. David was hired as official photographer for the event and I was hired to entertain guests with my tarot reading.

David and I often get invited to help out at projects like these, but we have never been invited as a couple on the same project. He would get invited for photography shoots at rock concerts, company events, personal profile shots of friends and their families and I often get invited to read my tarot cards at birthday and hen parties, company events as well as charity events. And strangely, we had never thought to go into projects together. So this experience was an eye opener. I don't consider our wedding a project and even then, he just informed me of the date and time and I just turned up.

I started to look at the tarot cards that reflect the fulfilment of both our working well together on a project. These were the 2 of Cups and the 3 of Pentacles.

Barbara De Angelis said, " The more connections one makes with our lover, not just between our bodies but between our minds, our hearts and our souls, the more we will strengthen the fabric of our relationship and the more real moments we will experience together." The 2 of Cups is a reflection of our connectedness, leveraging off each other's strengths whilst giving each other space to shine when David and I work together on a project. The 3 of Pentacles is a manifestation of the strong team spirit between us as we support each other in our endeavour to put in our best efforts in a project. The positivity of the 3 of Pentacles doesn't stop at just the project that we have worked on. It is a card reflecting the collaborative nature of our relationship, manifesting itself in the way we resolve any issues along our journey as a married couple and as a parent juggling multiple commitments between family and career. No challenges faze us because we know we got each other's back.

The energies of the 2 of Cups and 3 of Pentacles governed the way David and I worked at my friend's event, such that I was not sure who had more of a blast; my friend, David or me.

For my friend's event, we had already visited the event venue a few days prior to establish the setting and environment we were going to be at. This allowed David to plan the type of equipment he was going to be bringing along with the right camera he was using. It also allowed me to "feel" the space and make a mental note of where my querants could get the appropriate privacy to get a reading with as little interference as possible while allowing me ease of managing a queue. David and I also had a discussion about the lighting and it's impact on our respective areas of work.

I have to say, David's dedication was amazing. He had spent an entire day before rushing through back to back meetings in Kuala Lumpur and had just arrived a couple of hours before the event to check out the venue again and sort out his equipment in preparation for the event.

At the event, as the crowds streamed in and we were both just consumed with taking the photos and doing the readings, we often checked on each other. I was worried that the venue's dim lighting will affect the quality of the photos whereas he was worried that I wouldn't be able to cope with the crowd as the queue list at the tarot table was very long.

It was an extremely busy night for the both of us but we enjoyed it tremendously because it gave us the opportunity to watch out for each other and we were probably each other's best critique. He reminded me in between readings to take a 5 minute breather to do a "download"( it was essential for me to do a grounding meditation for a few minutes in between client readings to dispel residual negative energies before I start reading for a new batch of clients) and I reminded him to create different and more interesting angles for the shots at the photography wall. Even after the event, I played Art Director to his digital imaging work on the photos....sometimes to his annoyance.

David and I are proof that working on a project together as a couple is extremely fulfilling. That may have given us a vision for our retirement years and it certainly looks promising.

About the writer:

The writer of this blog post is a marketeer by trade, and a tarot card reader by accident. She was awarded a Certified Professional Tarot Reader qualification from the Tarot Certification Board of America (TCBA) and was recently certified as a numerologist in Singapore. A member of the American Tarot Association (ATA) and the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI), she is also endorsed as a reader for the Free Tarot Network and is a mentor for the ATA.

She can be contacted at www.facebook.com/SunGoddessTarot or www.sungoddesstarot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment