Saturday 5 April 2014

Looking For Sparkles After Rain


Every first Monday of the month, my friend Andrea Hiltbrunner throws a Blog Challenge where bloggers around the world will blog about a given topic and then link the blogposts together into one big themed blog party.  This month's topic is on Sparkle.  To be honest, I very nearly gave it a miss because it did not sound like a topic that had anything I could write about from the perspective of one on a spiritual path. And I had dedicated my blog Sun Goddess Tarot to my spiritual path.

This weekend, I was proven wrong, and it was perfectly timed as if the Universe just knew.  So this is my contribution to Andrea's Blog Challenge.  You can read Andrea's blog here :  http://www.dreamheart-smartart.ch/2014/04/07/blogchallenge-sparkle/#permalink


GoingThrough A Major Spiritual Shift


In the last few years, when I had come out of the closet as a certified professional Tarot reader, Numerologist and Astrologer, I had made large strides with my spiritual path as I honed these skills and gained more experience.    However in the recent months, when I discovered the gift of mediumship and particularly in the last few weeks, when I learnt to tune into the energies of others, my spiritual path had moved at the speed of Usain Bolt and I could even see sparks flying at the heels of my soul.

In the past, I worked on my clients' issues by understanding their Numerological and Astrological influences then casting a Tarot spread to obtain advice from the cards to deal with these challenges.  Today, I could add a new dimension to these readings.  Before the appointed time I was supposed to meet my clients, I now would do my meditation and visualization work to tune into their energies to understand their issues better.   The Tarot readings were still necessary because they became an affirmation of what I saw through my visualization work prior, and they were a physical source of comfort to my clients.

I felt good that I could help my clients better.  However, I realized that while there were sparks at the heels of my soul, my body was still stranded way back at the starting line, trying it's best to catch up with the "Usain Bolt" of my soul.  As an Empath, I took on the energies of many people around me and involuntarily my mind saw visions of issues that mere strangers were going through.  My body was exhausted and my mind was always distracted.  I often felt the sadness, pain and anguish of others.  I could not control my visions.  I hollered for help to manage my intuitive gifts and help came from a fellow channeller.

My friend Andrea channelled for me last week and said, " You need to take care of yourself Jo, I can see you lack water.  You need to go for a swim, or be near water, drink plenty of water." So today, I took her advice and went down to the river wth my camera.  Guess what I saw?


Seeing Sparkles Everywhere


I saw sparkles.  I saw sparkles everywhere.  They were glistening in the water as the reflection of the sun bounced across the river when it peeked from behind the clouds after a rain. I saw sparkles across the grass. Sunlight was dancing with the raindrops caught in between the blades of grass.  I saw sparkles in the trees. They were birds fluttering in the branches, shaking the water off their feathers after a rain.   I remembered that the thunderstorm this morning added to my gloom and made me feel even more exhausted to the point of my wanting to head back to bed even after I had showered, changed  and was ready to get out and about.  However, when i took Andrea's advice to get out to a place with water and ended up walking along the river.  That was the best thing I had ever done for myself.

When it rained so heavily earlier, I saw the birds taking shelter in the trees, the grass just opened itself to the warm rains and the river just flowed nonchalantly as it usually did.  Nothing changed.  It was as if they all knew the sun was coming out quite soon.  Within me, I felt that the major shift happening to my spiritual path was like a big rainfall cleansing me from the residual resistance I had about my abilities.  It was cleaning away my preconceived notions about these abilities shaped by my rational mind. Most of all, it was washing away my ego.

When the rain stopped, the sunshine made everything looked cleaner, brighter, better and more beautiful.  It dawned on me that I needed to feel the "thunderstorm" within myself, to understand the "thunderstorm" in the lives of others. And I needed to understand the "thunderstorm" in the lives of others. so that I could add the sunshine back in their lives.  

I whispered my thanks to the Universe for this special message to me.  I knew deep in my heart that if I trusted and surrendered to the ways of the Universe, I would come out of this alright.


About The Writer:

The writer of this blog post is a marketeer by trade, and a tarot card reader by accident. She was awarded a Certified Professional Tarot Reader qualification from the Tarot Certification Board of America (TCBA) and is also a certified numerologist.  She is currently running a Tarot consultancy based in Singapore called Sun Goddess Tarot,  which provides confidential intuitive readings combining the metaphysical disciplines of Tarot, Numerology and Astrology via face to face and emails as well as readings at corporate and private events and workshops.  A member of the American Tarot Association (ATA) and the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI), she is also a reader for the Free Tarot Network and mentors Tarot protégés on behalf of the American Tarot Association

Website: www.sungoddesstarot.com
Email:  Joanna@sungoddesstarot.com
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/SunGoddessTarot
Twitter: www.twitter.com/SunGoddessTarot
Blog: http://sungoddesstarot.blogspot.com


By the Singapore River

At the Kallang Riverside Park. The rain did not stop these tourists from enjoying the sights

At the Kallang Riverside Park.  Watching dragon boaters in action. Looks like hard work.

1 comment:

  1. Joanna, thank you so so much for your beautiful post. It is georgous! I really love that you went to the waters and that even the heavens did send you water! So happy about these sparkling moments! Love, Andrea Hiltbrunner

    ReplyDelete