Saturday 19 April 2014

A Word of Advice From The Magician

This morning, I meditated to the Magician card because it was the card that fell out by accident as I was cleansing my Tarot cards with sage incense and  "re-setting" them to prepare the deck as a working deck for next week's list of reading appointments.   Every time a card fell out like that, I would not want to ignore it but was of the opinion that there was a special message it had for me that day.

The first card of the major arcana, the Magician is a symbol of a new purpose, a new direction, a new beginning, a new experience, all manifested by one's own skills, intellect and will power. He is well-equipped to take on any challenges that come his way because he holds the symbols of all 4 suits, wand, cup, sword and pentacle within his reach. I believe though that while he may have the tools to support him, they mean nothing if he did not use his magician's juggling skills of balancing the 4 primordial elements of fire, water, air and earth as represented by each of the suits.

So why did I think this was significant to me?

Trying So Hard To Feel At  One With The Universe

I spent years working so hard to learn skills after skills, and practicing them to gain better experience.  I have stopped counting the number of metaphysical courses  I had taken,  books I had read and the wonderful teachers and mentors I had learnt from over the years.  Yet, somehow, I had never felt complete and perhaps there was even some measure of disharmony within myself.  I was happy that I could guide my clients with my Tarot, Numerology and Astrology readings, yet I often felt I that was not providing then with enough depth in the advice I gave.

With the intensity of my sensitivity as a psychic empath growing and my constantly working on developing my clairvoyant and clairsentient skills by practicing channeling , I approached my gifts with even more dissatisfaction because these skills only heightened awareness of my clients' issues but did not really help to resolve them fast enough.

The Magician's Advice

When I meditated to the Magician card, I heard his reassuring voice.  He pointed to his tools:

- his wand which governs the fire element and inspires passion and drive,
- his cup which governs the water element and inspires intuition and emotional maturity,
- his sword which governs the air element and inspires thoughts and rationale, and
- his pentacle which governs the earth element and inspires practical knowledge, material security, determination and hard work.

As a manifestation of the Magician, I was spiritually taking the skills and knowledge from the Universe to apply them to the material world, enthusiastically practicing my spiritual knowledge and hoping to make  it relevant to  my clients's situations.  It was great that I was lending so much passion to my work as a lightworker and tapping into the deep recesses of my intuition to support my clients with  advice.  However, the intuition and the passion amounted to nothing, if I did not balance it with a rational mind  to  accept and acknowledge my limitations and know when I needed to  step back, recuperate, and let the knowledge and information come to me instead of stressing incessantly about whether I was interpreting the information rightly.  I also felt that the Magician was also asking me to expand my knowledge with more conversations with other intuitives who had more experience than I had, so that I could arm myself not only with skills and knowledge but understand their journeys and experiences too.    It would also have been a wasted effort if I had not been more practical, by balancing the need to work smart through regular meditation and grounding with the need to work hard  through continuous practice and study. It persuaded me not to give up when I felt exhausted but to continue to focus on my purpose, and continuously develop my gifts with determination. 

A Story From A Tree

In the afternoon, I went for a walk at Gardens By The Bay Singapore. I stopped at a tree which I felt beckoned me to touch it.  So I did.  As I gently put my hand on its trunk and closed my eye.  I saw within my mind's eye a family of 5 sitting in a little boat with many others, but my concentration was only on that family of 5 - a father, a mother and 3 children, an older girl about 11 years old, a younger girl maybe about 4 or 5 years old and a young toddler boy. They were huddled together, looking miserable, frightened and exhausted.  I felt my back aching and my solar plexus tightened with fear and anxiety.  The tree seemed to be attempting to tell me a story, much like my teacher would when I was in school,   I was not sure what I needed to do with that vision and did not even understand why I had to touch that tree.  So instinctively, I decided to go into meditation mode and visualized myself sending a healing white light through the palm of my hand into that tree.  

When I got home, I started researching about the site where I stood this afternoon and found out that it was reclaimed land.  In the past, in early Singapore, boats of  immigrants arrived in those little boats called "sampans" that I saw in my vision and probably rowed past that area where I stood. I am not sure what to make of that family but felt that that was just that tree's way of trying to tell me a story of the area.  I felt suddenly worried about that family and at the same time wondered if they had managed to build a productive life for themselves here in Singapore.  

Compassion And Empathy

I then remembered this morning's meditation with the Magician card and realized that the real gifts, the knowledge, and the skills, were not all about what I had learnt, or even what I had been continuously practicing. Inherently, the real gifts were within me.  They were embodied in these words compassion and empathy.  My knowledge, experience, intuition, skills and indeed even determination to learn, really were nothing without compassion and empathy.  I acknowledged my feelings of compassion and empathy for the families of generations past that rowed into our shores  and whispered a silent prayer of thanks for their hand at building my country.  

Similarly, I think my clients did not just come to me because I could shuffle some cards, interpret them, calculate some numbers, assess the significance of their astrological signs and channel messages relevant to their situations.  They came to me because I approached their situations without judgement but with compassion and empathy.  I understood what they were going through particularly when they were at career crossroads or were in the middle of a bitter divorce, because I had been there.  More than anything, they just wanted an objective perspective and a hand to hold.

Much Happier With Myself

I felt much happier at this thought.  I felt less pressure "to perform". I felt I could appreciate myself once again, for what I truly am, and not what I had learnt and studied. I felt at one again with the universe.


"The magic begins in you. Feel your own energy and realize similar energy exists within the Earth, stones, plants, water, wind, fire, colours and animals." ~ Scott Cunningham 


About The Writer:

The writer of this blog post is a marketeer by trade, and a tarot card reader by accident. She was awarded a Certified Professional Tarot Reader qualification from the Tarot Certification Board of America (TCBA) and is also a certified numerologist.  She is currently running a Tarot consultancy based in Singapore called Sun Goddess Tarot,  which provides confidential intuitive readings combining the metaphysical disciplines of Tarot, Numerology and Astrology via face to face and emails as well as readings at corporate and private events and workshops.  A member of the American Tarot Association (ATA) and the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI), she is also a reader for the Free Tarot Network and mentors Tarot protégés on behalf of the American Tarot Association

Website: www.sungoddesstarot.com
Email:  Joanna@sungoddesstarot.com
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/SunGoddessTarot
Twitter: www.twitter.com/SunGoddessTarot





Stonehenge by Trixie Hiscock - 
This Photo Inspired Me To Think That Magic Is Truly Within Me. 
It Is Not What I Have Learnt, But What Energy I Give Of Myself That Mattered







The Magician From Kat Black's Golden Tarot Deck

Sent healing light to the tree

No comments:

Post a Comment